- Native Americans face issues of mass incarceration and policing.
- Native communities are often impoverished and jobless.
- The federal government is still stripping Native people of their land.
- Exploitation of natural resources threatens Native communities.
- Violence against women and children is especially prevalent in Native communities.
- The education system is failing Native students.
- Native families live in overcrowded, poor-quality housing.
- Native patients receive inadequate health care.
- There’s a dearth of capital and financial institutions in Native communities.
- Native Americans have the right to vote... but that’s not always enough.
- There is an epidemic of youth suicide in Native communities.
- Native languages are dying, and the U.S. government is doing little to help.
- Many Native communities do not have their rights recognized by the federal government.
Thursday, May 19, 2016
13 Issues Facing Native People Beyond Mascots And Casinos