- Faneuil Hall was built in 1742. It has served as a marketplace and meeting hall ever since.
- Faneuil Hall is sometimes referred to as the Cradle of liberty.
- Faneuil Hall is located near the waterfront and Government Center in Boston. It is a well known stop on the Freedom Trail.
- The ground floor contains shops and eating establishments. The second floor is a meeting room. The third floor contains the museum and armory of the Ancient and Honerable Artillery Company of Massachusetts.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace also includes three long granite buildings called North Market, South Market, and Quincy Market. It operates as an indoor/outdoor mall and food eatery.
What is "Idle No More"?
They have also stated in a press release that they have met with Idle No More representatives that support this call. We would like to state that this is FALSE.
The Chiefs have called for action and anyone who chooses can join with them, however this is not part of the Idle No More movement as the vision of this grassroots movement does not coincide with the visions of the Leadership. While we appreciate the individual support we have received from Chiefs and counselors, we have been given a clear mandate by the grassroots to work outside of the systems of government and that is what we will continue to do. We are not trying to have division amongst this movement! However Chief Nepinak stated, "we are behind the grassroots people". Please let others know!!!!
Awake, Hungry, and Idle No More
I woke up just past midnight with a bolt. My six-month-old son was crying. He has a cold - the second of his short life– and his blocked nose frightens him. I was about to get up when he started snoring again. I, on the other hand, was wide awake.
The greatest blessing of all, however, is indigenous sovereignty itself. It is the huge stretches of this country that have never been ceded by war or treaty. It is the treaties signed and still recognized by our courts. If Canadians have a chance of stopping Mr. Harper’s planet-trashing plans, it will be because these legally binding rights -backed up by mass movements, court challenges, and direct action will stand in his way. All Canadians should offer our deepest thanks that our indigenous brothers and sisters have protected their land rights for all these generations, refusing to turn them into one-off payments, no matter how badly they were needed. These are the rights Mr. Harper is trying to extinguish now.
More Idle No More Videos from movements around the globe