"Pluses" (+) in this video:
- Uses correct name (Tisquantum)
- Describes a plague (not just disease or small pox)
- Mentions Tisquantum being captured and enslaved in England
- Interviews Nanepashemet (a respected NA who has since passed into the spirit world) who talks about Massasoit
- Interviews Tall Oak (a respected Narragansett, whose son is Annawon Weedon) who talks about giving thanks and its connected obligations among the NA community
- Still talks about Pilgrims having a feast and inviting Massasoit (we now know that it was probably an impromptu diplomatic visit)
A Short Story
- Talks a little about the Pilgrim's Dutch experience and ocean voyage
- Mentions Capt. John Smith
- Mentions Samoset as the first contact (doesn't start with Tisquantum)
- Mentions all the knowledge that Tisquantum passed on to the Pilgrims
- Calls Samoset and "Indian Brave"
- Still talks about inviting Tisquantum to their celebration
- Mentions the yearly Presidential Proclamation (which STILL happens)
History of Thanksgiving
- Talks about Pilgrim's view of Thanksgiving as a religious holiday
- Describes what was probably really eaten at that "first feast"
- Leaves out other "Thanksgivings" that early settlers had for the massacre of NA people and villages
- Too much talk about turkey!
Sara Hale's Petition (connection to Gettysburg and Lincoln)
500 Nations: Legacy of Thanksgiving. Massasoit's son, Metacom/King Philip's, interviews with today's Wampanoags, the Blue Laws.
The Pequot perspective on the the "First Thanksgiving."