This blog was added to the Top 50 Native American Literature Blogs. Scroll down to the "Rest of the Best" after the Top 5

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The New Book (Where I Contributed a Chapter on Native Americans)

I write during the summer or other available times. I've had poetry (3 poems in process right now) and articles for magazines published, but this is my first book chapter. Actually, I wrote it about 5 years ago, when my life with kids was not so busy with 5 teenagers, and it took this long to get to print! I received the proofs in March (a very exciting moment!). This book will be a college text book that costs about $183 (no surprise there!).  UPDATE:  Now out in paperback for $36.00 here.

The book is called Covert Racism: Theories, Institutions, and Experiences (Studies in Critical Social Sciences) and my chapter is "Aren't They All Dead: Passive Racism Against Native Americans." I use school examples mixed in with other stories to explain the issues.